We have a multi-disciplinary team at Cityzen and can offer our commercial clients:
- architectural design services
- mechanical and electrical engineering services
- low carbon and energy consultancy
We can design a space that works effectively and efficiently so that it doesn’t just meet current building regulations but enables you and your users to get the most out of the building.
At Cityzen we enjoy providing creative design solutions for commercial projects to maximise the use of available space. Our team has experience in a wide range of design projects – from office spaces to hotel conversions and hospital wards – and successful commercial planning applications across South East England.
We provide the full range of architectural services across the design, pre-construction and construction stages:
- Sustainable architectural design schemes
- Planning applications
- Building regulations approvals
- Construction detailing
- Project assistance and support throughout construction
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
Building services design is often left too late within the overall design process but is key to achieving an efficient building. Cityzen specialises in ensuring that the design team understands the proposed levels of building performance at the earliest possible stage, to ensure that we create the most efficient buildings possible that our clients can afford to run.
We are experienced in small power, lighting design, AV systems, security, fire alarms, lifts, voltage optimisation, lightning protection, data controls, electric heating, renewable energy design, CHP, heating and cooling design, energy performance certification (EPCs) and utilities upgrades. To date, we have worked with Railtrack, schools, hospitals, charities, community centres and the MOD.
We provide the full range of M&E consultancy services:
- Feasibility studies
- Overseeing Installations- witnessing commissioning
For major developments we also provide Part L input, designing out energy at the building regulation or planning stage, to enable clients to meet local authority carbon reduction requirements.
Here’s one example of the M&E engineering services we’ve provided to our commercial clients:
School upgrade and design services (London)
Low Carbon & Energy Consultancy
Cityzen’s CIBSE accredited Low Carbon & Energy Consultant can help you to reduce energy usage, running costs and carbon emissions. We provide consultancy to architects, developers and clients who need energy calculations or sustainability reports in order to meet local authority requirements at planning and building regulations stages.
Low carbon and energy consultancy adds value to and assists with the compliance of your project, helping you to meet the ever more stringent targets as the Government moves towards a lower carbon building stock.
We provide an extensive list of services:
- Building energy audits and benchmarking
- Building energy and carbon modelling via iSBEM
- Energy / sustainability reports for planning (including London Plan energy reports)
- Passive design technologies to make the best use of shade and natural ventilation
- Non-domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Advice on energy efficiency and conservation
- Carbon emissions reduction (CRC information and interpretation)
- Design using low carbon technologies and renewable energy
- BREAAM pre assessments
- Development of strategies for building portfolios
- Handover documentation (information needed to manage a building effectively so that it performs to design intent)
In addition we can provide certification demonstrating that buildings meet the carbon emissions requirement of Part L of the building regulations, which can often be a design minefield and is constantly evolving. We have provided specialist Part L compliance input for architect practices, contractors, M&E consultants and private clients.
See what our Low Carbon & Energy Consultant can do for you, by downloading our CIBSE leaflet: